Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Introduction

Jan 04 2006

I am starting the New Year by doing something I have never done before. I am writing my first blog. I am hoping that I can make this blog interesting. I will include favorite jokes, best pictures and family news. I have gone through much in the past 4 years and this may just be a self help therapy. I will try to get it all out there. Let's start with a joke. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
If you don't know me ( why are you reading this?) I will introduce myself. My name is Barbara Wheeland. I have lived on the Island of Montreal all of my life. Like most Montrealers I have moved many times. I am now living back in the house I started in. I work in retail. I have a few hobbies if you can call them that. One is exploring many aspects of spirituality. This is a major theme in my life. Another hobby is watching news and informational programs. I have at least two favorite News anchors, CNNs Anderson Cooper and CBCs George Stroumboulopoulos. This helps me focus on world issues (and focuses many of my prayers). Just for recreational fun I turn to the space channel and hope for a well written sci fi show... The Dead Zone is one of my favorites. The reason I have so much time to spend on my hobbies right now is because I am single with no children. My boyfriend Graham died on June 2 2004. I miss his humour, his hugs, and his company. He is missed by all who knew him. I know that he is always with me in spirit. He was a charming, funny, friendly man, who could be so patient (most of the time) with everybody. I admire his ability to talk with people with ease and humour. Sometimes when I think of him I feel a kiss on my forehead... from him I assume. He was 42. Me? I am now 40.
I will tell more on another post.
one more joke. OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Be peace
Barbara Wheeland

No comments: