Search This Blog

Friday, June 09, 2006

Singles BBQ in Toronto

Day one in Toronto was all about George and The Hour . You can read about that on http://notpaidbythehour.blogspot.com

Day two belongs on my own blog.
After I saw my sister Carolyn to the Go train, I took a long walk trying to get lost in Toronto's vibe. Tonight I am going with my sister Judie to a singles BBQ. I have no idea how that's going to go. It's all part of my sisters plan to get me to move to Toronto. Part of me is curious about the dating scene in TO. Part of me is putting up a wall because I don't think I am ready for a date... Unless say George asks me, (LOL) I am not sure I am open to starting anything in Toronto.
I will update you when the night is done.

8 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

What are you going to wear? Is it nice and hot and humid in Toronto right now?

Have fun fun fun!

Allison said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy the humidity too...that is one thing I don't miss! I hope TO is treating you well.

Barbara said...

It's a beutiful day in Toronto. No humidity. Cool breeze warm sun and I know you wish you were here right now. I am hoping to borrow something nice to wear from my dear sister. I don't think the Pinky and The Brain tshirt I am wearing right now will do. Toronto is treating me fantastic. I will get around to blogging about the after party at The Cadillac Lounge when I get home and can edit my pictures. One thing I have to tell you is that George emailed Ben Mulroney when my sister Carolyn told George that she likes Ben. His text to Ben was Carolyn says hi! LOL!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

YOU BE A PLAYA!!!

And I would totally wear the Pinky and the Brain t-shirt, because they rule the world.

Allison said...

LOL, I agree wear the t-shirt :)

Barbara said...

Karen Im sure there are singles groups in Edmonton this one was called dinnerworks just google your local groups... When I first walked into the house this was hosted at my instinct said run away. But I stayed, had some swordfish and some chicken and learned how to gamble with fake money, and I just met people and observed. I was dead tired by 10pm but it was interesting to see the culture. Does this mean I am moving to Toronto... Lets just say the scales are not tipped.

Wandering Coyote said...

I commend you for a least going, Barbara. Not sure I'd be that brave...

Barbara said...

I figured, what did I have to lose? I spent a night observing the dating culture of Toronto...