Search This Blog

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Diet issues?

Not diet! Just life style changes. You just have to decide to do it.
I don't drink soft drink anymore. I drink more water. I don't have the meal deal when I do eat at a fast food joint I just have the burger, no fries, no drink.
I don't think in terms of what's for desert. Sweet things are only bought when I really want them...
I 'trick' myself into walking more. I listen to music as I walk to keep me distracted. I walk home 6k when the weather permits. I'll walk to the next subway station if I can rather than the one closest.
I don't need a gym, or classes or diet food, or an exercise tape... those are all nice but they don't work for me. Just making a few choices to eat better and walk more and not to worry about the results... that works for me. I have lost over 35lb over the past 2 years...and I feel so much better for it.
At 41 I am in better shape than I was at 31.

Me 4 years ago compared to this past July.

Or Now... I don't think I could have done this 10 years ago.


No comments: